There are 18 different Pokémon and Attack Types. All have advantages and disadvantages over the others. However, Normal types Aren't dominant over other types.
- Attacking the same type is mostly ineffective (x½)
- Normal, Fighting, Ground, Flying, Bug, Rock, Fairy are normal (x1)
- Ghost, Dragon are effective (x2)
- Strongest defending type: Steel , weakest defending type: Rock/ Grass/ Ice
- Strongest attacking type: Ground, weakest attacking type: Bug/ Grass
- Main article: List of Pokemon Weaknesses
Dual type means a pokemon having two types. The rules for predicting weakness are:
- If either type is resistant (x0), outcome is always x0.
- If one type is normal (x1), outcome depends on the other type.
- If both types are effective (x2), outcome is always super-effective (x4).
- If both types are not-so-effective (x½), outcome is always super-ineffective (x¼).
- If one type is not-so-effective(x½),other type is effective(x2),outcome is normal(x1)